Sean looked out over the lake, squinting against the sunlight. He turned to me, his expression sobering as his eyes flicked over my face in a silent study.
“Come on Amy, I saved you once, I’ll save you again.”
I met his stare unflinchingly. “I don’t need saving.”
A wicked grin formed slowly. “Don’t you?”
After a rebellious summer night that almost claimed her life, Amy Henderson – the Onslow publican’s only daughter – is sent away to suffer a fate far worse than any other punishment:
Three years on, a now nineteen-year-old Amy returns to Onslow for the summer. What once was a cauldron of activity with live bands, hot meals and cold beers, the Onslow Hotel now lies dark, deserted and depressing. All fond childhood memories of loitering on the hotel stairs and eavesdropping on customers’ colourful conversations are in the distant past.
How had her dad let it come to this?
With the new threat of putting the Onslow up for sale, Amy reluctantly turns to a local tradesman for help: Sean Murphy, the very same Onslow boy who saved her life all those years ago. With his help and that of some old friends, the task is clear: spend the summer building the hotel back up to its former glory or lose it for good.
In an endless summer, Amy soon realises that sometimes in order to save your future, you have to face your past, even if it’s in the form of a smug, gorgeous Onslow boy.
· · ·
· · ·
Today, C. J. is here to share a guest post with us.
I hope you’ll enjoy reading it.
10 Facts About The Summer Series
By C J Duggan
1. The Summer Series is set in Australia in the 90’s.
2. ‘Onslow’ is a mythical lakeside town.
3. ‘The Boys of Summer’ was originally to be a standalone novel, but morphed into a three book series.
4. C.J’s first job was working in a pub.
5. Book One ‘The Boys of Summer’ was written in 2011 during NaNo month (National Novel Writing Month) in November.
6. The Boys of Summer was based on an idea C.J had when she was 11 years old.
7. Much to C.J’s horror, she seriously considered making The Boys of Summer standalone book to be much darker, even going as far to kill off a character. She decided to go against the idea instead penning a light, fun, romantic summer read.
8. C.J stumbled into publishing by accident, having formed a friendship with fellow Author Ednah Walters who encouraged her to ‘own what you do’ and publish her writing.
9. C.J is a fast writer often finishing a novel anywhere from a one to three month period before edits and rewrites begin.
10. The Summer Series will feature three novels with a spinoff planned in the future.
· · ·
About the Author
- 1 Signed paperback copy of either The Boys of Summer or An Endless Summer (INT) and 5 ebook copies of The Boys of Summer or An Endless Summer (INT).